Thursday, March 18, 2010

I have never really looked at a song or art work and judge it on its purpose or meaning in politics. But since I have entered the Art, politics and protest class it got me thinking. Music and sports play a big part in my life, especially sports. In high school I use to be on the track and it gave me a way to socialize with others. I don't have a favorite music genre but i like pop, R&B and reggae. these types of music to me expresses alot about life it self and whats going on between and around others. But alot of listeners never really took the chance to listen to the meaning of these lyrics. Rappers in there music portray alot about gang violence and politics. like others who go around with signs and start strikes, this is an artist way of expressing their feelings either with politcs or life. I would like to learn alot more in this class, it is really interesting and keeps you on your toes

1 comment: